


On November 28th I headed to Vancouver for the final workshop required before the Olympics! I left Ottawa at 5:30 p.m. on Saturday, attended the workshop on Sunday, then left Vancouver at 10:00 a.m. on Monday - quite the whirlwind weekend...but the good news was that I never really adjusted to the time change...the workshop was basically info on the venue that I would be working at (Pacific Coliseum), some mock chaperoning scenarios, some logistical information of what to expect re work shifts, transportation etc. - best of all though was that we got to meet some of the people that we would be working with and everyone got to share some of their related experience....After the workshop, Jan (my friend who was kind enough to put me up for the weekend) and I went to the Canucks/Sharks game - it was strange to see Heatley in a San Jose jersey, and I must admit that I did boo him...San Jose won, but no goals for Heatley...Gary and Billy (my housemate and CCES employee)had front row seats for the game right behind the goalie and they managed to get on the big screen with their Sens jerseys
Above are pics of The Bay downtown, and below are pics that my housemate took while he was at the Olympic Store - Kurt Browning and Gaetan Boucher were there signing autographs (with the Olympic mascots). I've also included a couple of pics from GM Place...
Thanks to Jan & Ron for putting me up for the weekend!







No comments:
Post a Comment